G

Hi I posted this on motherboards with no response it could be a cpu problem,I have a giggabyte2000 m/b slot 1 I have put a 800 pentium cpu in with a 370 converter the m/b man says it supports up to 800 set the dip switches to the setting in the man and the cpu shows up at a 600, this happens if I set it at 750 as well any ideas,if it was a 600 chip and I set it at 800 would it show as a 800, many thanks

G

First of all if you can buy a nice socket 370 from say like asus or abit you will probably have better luck. Also try and get one that has some sort of adjustable bios settings for speed so you don't have to fool around w/jumpers. I have also in the past tried to use a slot 1 converter (not with the flip chip though) and did not have very good luck. It ran, but in the end was a constant pain in the ass. So if you can find a socket 370 w/the features you want that might be the way to go. If not try and switch out the adapter (this is what i had to eventually do) to an ASUS adapter...they have side runners to make sure it won't "wiggle" around in the slide. Hope this helps...let me know. P.S. i have since upgraded to the t-bird w/the asus a7v....works great.

just a guess? it may be that you have a 800EB chip 6x133=800 and not a 800E chip 8x100=800 and you are setting the board to run at 100 fsb which would make it 6x100=600.
you can not change the multiplyer on intel p3 chips only the front side bus so if you do have the 800EB chip you would have to set the fsb to 133 to get 800

TRENDING THREADS