Sign in with
Your question

How do i find my email address for steam

Last response: in Video Games
April 6, 2012 9:53:11 AM

My account got hacked, my email address was changed and even better my password has been changed to.
I have contacted steam 3 times now and no fricking reply.
Please could someone on this help me out please. the only Thing that has not been changed I think is my steam account name CamLusted. What should I do?
April 6, 2012 12:30:16 PM

contact steam man, thats the only way you shall get out of this. I'm guessing if they are not replying to you is that it happened to a bunch of people and they currently have a work overflow in the department that handles these things. What's the time frame between your emails to them?

Also, check around their forums, maybe you're not alone.

Also, as a preparatory measure find all the emails you got as confirmation from game purchases on steam, in case they can't restore your old account you'll be able to ask them to just make a new account with all the games you had.
April 6, 2012 3:59:36 PM

AntiZig said:
contact steam man, thats the only way you shall get out of this. I'm guessing if they are not replying to you is that it happened to a bunch of people and they currently have a work overflow in the department that handles these things. What's the time frame between your emails to them?

Also, check around their forums, maybe you're not alone.

Also, as a preparatory measure find all the emails you got as confirmation from game purchases on steam, in case they can't restore your old account you'll be able to ask them to just make a new account with all the games you had.

Related resources
April 6, 2012 4:20:09 PM

Had a similar issue with my sons Steam account. Needed to reset the password but forgot what email was used to set up the account. Had to go here.
https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

Submit the query. Then jump through hoops providing a product code picture until they would reset the password for you.

Good luck but it will take a few days.
April 6, 2012 6:40:42 PM

mine was also hacked about an hour ago, was playing mw3 then steam wanted to delete game files so i suspected a hack and tried to change password but was too late, i got a chat message from the hacker and i never seen a chat window like that, looked like old windows chat with green letters and tried to say that he is steam support and that they are working on it, he also said that he has my password. hacker changed my email and password. I made a ticket, hope they act fast.
April 9, 2012 7:15:16 PM

its been 5 days no and still no reply. But earlier I found my guild wars CD key entered it on steam and it says it has sent the owner of the product code has been sent instructions on how to retrieve the account. I have yet to receive the email.

does this mean that the person who has hacked my account has been sent my product code? annoyingly that made me think I would be able to get my account back today.
April 9, 2012 7:58:09 PM

I believe the instruction would have been sent to the email address the Steam account was registered with.
April 9, 2012 8:12:17 PM

originally or now?
April 9, 2012 8:43:17 PM

can you check if it's possible to contact steam in live chat session or over the phone?
April 10, 2012 6:32:01 PM

still no reply from valve, they really need a phone number for support, i had my wow account hacked and took 20 minutes
April 12, 2012 11:17:57 PM

ive had a reply now and its all good they sent me a reset email with all the new details and i was able to get back in my account. Took a while but got there eventually
April 14, 2012 11:20:53 PM

alright glad to hear. So I guess steam is kind of slow with their support system but they get to you eventually
!