printer driver is not installing

Hi,

I have Canon I860 photo printer. I used to use printer
but few days back my system was attacked by virus and in
virus cleaning process few files got deleted. Now when I
start the printing message i get " DOn't have driver".
When I try to install the driver it says cannot install
it.

When I try to uninstall the Canon driver its neither
uninstalling and the software is there in Add / remove
programs, even if i try to uninstall from there.

Also when i try to add new printer on my Windows XP Home
system the "Add Printer " link is not working. "

Please help out with some solution..I would appreciate
the help.

It sounds like a System File has been deleted or has become corrupted. From
the command prompt, type

sfc /scannow
(note space between c and /)

www.coribright.com

"sharma" <mrityunjay84@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have Canon I860 photo printer. I used to use printer
> but few days back my system was attacked by virus and in
> virus cleaning process few files got deleted. Now when I
> start the printing message i get " DOn't have driver".
> When I try to install the driver it says cannot install
> it.
>
> When I try to uninstall the Canon driver its neither
> uninstalling and the software is there in Add / remove
> programs, even if i try to uninstall from there.
>
> Also when i try to add new printer on my Windows XP Home
> system the "Add Printer " link is not working. "
>
> Please help out with some solution..I would appreciate
> the help.

TRENDING THREADS