IvyDeneb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hey Guys,

Some of you probably remember me asking the same thing here. If I remember it was locked so I created another one (sorry if I did something wrong).

anyways, I was thinking of using my Samsung SyncMaster EX1920 LED Screen as my Monitor for my PS3. now this monitor can only support VGA and DVI only so I know that I need a HDMI to DVI Cable. I also have this old Creative Inspire 5.1 Surround Speaker that I use in my PC. It has this Amplifier/Receiver that has a Digital Optical Output. So that means I also need a Optical Audio Cable for Audio.

Now, I was wondering if this setup will work and at what resolution will the PS3 be able to run? This screen has a native resolution of 1360x768. Will my Screen be able to display 720p PS3 Games?

Solution
You want to set your PS3 to run at the native resolution of the monitor almost always without exception. It will upscale the image automatically, so yes it will run at 720p upscaled to your monitors native resolution which is I think is technically 1080i.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
You want to set your PS3 to run at the native resolution of the monitor almost always without exception. It will upscale the image automatically, so yes it will run at 720p upscaled to your monitors native resolution which is I think is technically 1080i.

Solution