EQ2 Upcoming changes

Last response: in Video Games
February 10, 2005 3:43:45 PM

More proof of Sony listening and fixing things for the better

I must be dreaming.

this patch looks AWESOME

A pretty large update went to the Test Server today, you can find the full
details of the patch here. Here's a peek at the headlines: quote:

*** Headlines ***

- See your enemies in a whole new way with our new /con system!
- Short-duration group buffs now last 10 minutes! Single-target buffs last
15 minutes!
- No more fizzles on spells that are blue or lower to you!
- Shorter timers and less restrictions on instanced zones!
- Give your beloved house pets a name!
- All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
components!
- Wizards and Warlocks go nuke happy!
- Tanks now tank better with increased mitigation!
- Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!
- More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including solo
instanced dungeons!
- You can now store empty bags inside other bags!
- Two new level 50 epic raid zones have been added: Shattered Stillness
and Echoes of Time!
- Now easier to search for potions, poisons, activated items, and food!

More about : eq2 upcoming

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 3:43:46 PM

You missed one:
- Every sentence in game now ends in an exclamation point!
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 3:43:46 PM

> - See your enemies in a whole new way with our new /con system!

Like how?!

> - Short-duration group buffs now last 10 minutes! Single-target buffs
> last 15 minutes!
> - No more fizzles on spells that are blue or lower to you!
> - Shorter timers and less restrictions on instanced zones!

So, can I enter those instance zones I've levelled way beyond but the
game still insists I need 3 people for?!

> - Give your beloved house pets a name!
> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
components!

Oh well, there goes my money making schemes! Still it's for the
better!

> - Wizards and Warlocks go nuke happy!

What does that mean?! More powerful?! Less power hungry?! The later
would be great!

> - Tanks now tank better with increased mitigation!
> - Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!

Nice! Might be some point to the evil, good thing now!

> - More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including solo
instanced dungeons!

WOOHOO!

> - You can now store empty bags inside other bags!
> - Two new level 50 epic raid zones have been added: Shattered
Stillness
>and Echoes of Time!

LOL! I can just dream of being level 50!

> - Now easier to search for potions, poisons, activated items, and
food!
February 10, 2005 3:43:47 PM

On 10 Feb 2005 08:01:02 -0800, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>> - More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including solo
>instanced dungeons!
>
>WOOHOO!

*Waits for some troll to pop up and bitch about trying to turn EQ2
into a single player game*

I agree with the woohoo. ;)

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 5:08:19 AM

>> > So, can I enter those instance zones I've levelled way beyond but
the
>> > game still insists I need 3 people for?!

>> Why would you want to?

>'Because its there.' ought to suffice in an rpg; don't you think?

Yep, after spending x amount of time running around doing the access
quest its annoying not to be able to enter since you can't find a
group or have out levelled them. Really want to have a look inside and
complete the quest.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:11:42 AM

>> - Short-duration group buffs now last 10 minutes! Single-target buffs
>> last 15 minutes!
>> - No more fizzles on spells that are blue or lower to you!
>> - Shorter timers and less restrictions on instanced zones!
>
> So, can I enter those instance zones I've levelled way beyond but the
> game still insists I need 3 people for?!

Why would you want to?

>> - Give your beloved house pets a name!
>> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
> components!
>
> Oh well, there goes my money making schemes! Still it's for the
> better!

Aye. Interdependency is good to a point, but the existing system is a bit
much.

>> - Wizards and Warlocks go nuke happy!
>
> What does that mean?! More powerful?! Less power hungry?! The later
> would be great!

Mage spell damage output is being increased by up to 300%. Better break out
the wizard/warlock grease spot remover. :p

>> - Tanks now tank better with increased mitigation!
>> - Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!
>
> Nice! Might be some point to the evil, good thing now!

I like it too. It adds some depth to the whole good vs. evil premise.

>> - More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including solo
> instanced dungeons!
>
> WOOHOO!

I must admit I'm looking forward to this as well.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

In article <Xns95F9E1C8F52CDRumbledorhotmailcom@204.127.204.17>,
Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in

> >> - Shorter timers and less restrictions on instanced zones!
> >
> > So, can I enter those instance zones I've levelled way beyond but the
> > game still insists I need 3 people for?!
>
> Why would you want to?

'Because its there.' ought to suffice in an rpg; don't you think?

> >> - More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including solo
> > instanced dungeons!
> >
> > WOOHOO!
>
> I must admit I'm looking forward to this as well.

They're walking a thin line here. If they make them good enough finding
people to group with will become an absolute nightmare. If they don't
make them good enough they will please nobody. Finding the right balance
for solo instanced dungeons is going to be tricky.

On the flip side ... I too think its intriguing.
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:23:45 AM

Joiner wrote:
> - Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!

I wonder what these are and how they will affect the game. I mean, do
sabotage quests do something noticable to the other city, or is it
simply more faction?
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:27:54 AM

Joiner wrote:
> - Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!

I wonder what these are and how they will affect the game. I mean, do
sabotage quests do something noticable to the other city, or is it
simply more faction?
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 9:38:50 AM

Joiner wrote:
> - Strike back at your rival city through new sabotage quests!

I wonder what these are and how they will affect the game. I mean, do
sabotage quests do something noticable to the other city, or is it
simply more faction?
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 4:09:33 PM

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:11:42 GMT, Rumbledor
<Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote:

>>> - Give your beloved house pets a name!
>>> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
>> components!
>>
>> Oh well, there goes my money making schemes! Still it's for the
>> better!
>
>Aye. Interdependency is good to a point, but the existing system is a bit
>much.

A bit? It's utterly absurd. :p  Err, "that other game" has about the
right level of interdependency. Most stuff can be made with your own
skills, but the best items require stuff from certain other
crafters/gatherers.

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 10:40:32 PM

> the
>
>>> Why would you want to?
>
>>'Because its there.' ought to suffice in an rpg; don't you think?
>
> Yep, after spending x amount of time running around doing the access
> quest its annoying not to be able to enter since you can't find a
> group or have out levelled them. Really want to have a look inside and
> complete the quest.

That I'll buy.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

"Joiner" <joiner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
> components!

Now, that's one I didn't expect. Not that I'm complaining.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 11:47:39 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:13:07 GMT, toolstech wrote:

>"Joiner" <joiner@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
>> components!

>Now, that's one I didn't expect. Not that I'm complaining.

I'm not sure exactly what it means, but if it means no more interdependency
between classes, they're about to take away the only reason I see for
crafting. Standing in front of a tradeskill device and pressing buttons is
only fun to point. I don't care if it's the quickest way to get money and
status.

For me, it's the partnerships that evolve naturally over time that I find
interesting and challenging. To me, a returned favor followed by a "thanks,
buddy" is much more rewarding than some figures in my inventory or persona
windows.

Anyway, I refuse to believe they're stupid enough to make such a drastic
change.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:47:39 +0100, Henrik Dissing
<sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:13:07 GMT, toolstech wrote:
>
>>"Joiner" <joiner@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>> - All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and
>>> components!
>
>>Now, that's one I didn't expect. Not that I'm complaining.
>
>I'm not sure exactly what it means, but if it means no more interdependency
>between classes, they're about to take away the only reason I see for
>crafting. Standing in front of a tradeskill device and pressing buttons is
>only fun to point. I don't care if it's the quickest way to get money and
>status.
>
>For me, it's the partnerships that evolve naturally over time that I find
>interesting and challenging. To me, a returned favor followed by a "thanks,
>buddy" is much more rewarding than some figures in my inventory or persona
>windows.
>
>Anyway, I refuse to believe they're stupid enough to make such a drastic
>change.
You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
that specializes in them. What it does do is put an upper limit on
what is charged because if you charge too much someone can make them
themselves. It also makes it so even if you can't get the
subcomponants because you can't find another crafter or the other
crafters are busy you can make them yourself if necessary and continue
to level. I don't see it as peoples first choice for subcomponants.

--
Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Test
Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Test

Wulfbones
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:21:25 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:

>You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
>that specializes in them.

Could you elaborate a bit?

Even if it meant that my weaponsmith would need 10 sandpaper to make a
lumber and another 10 to make a staff, it would still be 10-20 times cheaper
than to buy them from a woodworker or carpenter on the free market.

>What it does do is put an upper limit on
>what is charged because if you charge too much someone can make them
>themselves.

In theory, that upper limit should be decided by a free market. The problem
here is that it's too difficult for sellers and buyers to get in touch with
each other, because they have to be online at the same time and because only
sellers can advertise efficiently. Buyers are left to begging on the chat
channels, and often you'll have to take the deal you can get because only
one seller makes an offer.

>It also makes it so even if you can't get the
>subcomponants because you can't find another crafter or the other
>crafters are busy you can make them yourself if necessary and continue
>to level.

It makes it easier to craft what you want, yes, but that doesn't necessarily
mean that it makes life of a crafter easier or more fun.

Although weaponsmiths are among those most dependent on other classes (and
at the same time a class that can produce very little other classes need),
the biggest problem about being a weaponsmith is that there isn't enough of
a market for what they produce. Making it easier to produce weapons will
only makes matters worse in this respect.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep
Member of Knights of Knowledge
(e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:21:26 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:21:25 +0100, Henrik Dissing
<sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
>>that specializes in them.
>
>Could you elaborate a bit?
>
>Even if it meant that my weaponsmith would need 10 sandpaper to make a
>lumber and another 10 to make a staff, it would still be 10-20 times cheaper
>than to buy them from a woodworker or carpenter on the free market.

Also, fuel will cost more as the tiers go up, so it will add up.
Still probably cheaper than buying it from the price gougers, though.

And what's with all the carrots ?
February 16, 2005 10:21:26 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:21:25 +0100, Henrik Dissing
<sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
>>that specializes in them.
>
>Could you elaborate a bit?

When I made canvas padding it took one fuel to make the canvas yarn,
same as for a tailor, but takes 2 fuels to make canvas padding from
the yarn, a tailor uses one fuel for this step.

- Prices for the new fuel types have been adjusted: (price in
parenthesis above base level 0 was an interim change that won't go
live)
- Base level 0 - 4c (was 6c)
- Base level 10 - 14c (was 24c)
- Base level 20 - 58c (was 96c)
- Base level 30 - 2s 30c (was 3s 84c)
- Base level 40 - 9s 22c (was 15s 36c)
- Culinary recipes use different types of fuel that are less
expensive:
- Base level 0 - 1c (Walnut Kindling)
- Base level 10 - 4c (Mulberry Kindling)
- Base level 20 - 14c (Cherry Kindling)
- Base level 30 - 55c (Hickory Kindling)
- Base level 40 - 2s 21c (Mesquite Kindling)

This was in the latest patch on test server.

>Even if it meant that my weaponsmith would need 10 sandpaper to make a
>lumber and another 10 to make a staff, it would still be 10-20 times cheaper
>than to buy them from a woodworker or carpenter on the free market.

Would take 1 to make lumber and 2 to make the staff.

<snip>
--
Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Test
Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Test
WUlfkiller Gnome Warrior Qeynos Test
Wulffy Gnome Summoner Qeynos Test

Wulfbones
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:46:23 PM

Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in
news:o 80711d729inq42e75tkg3e3fek5kllnh6@4ax.com:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
>>that specializes in them.
>
> Could you elaborate a bit?
>
> Even if it meant that my weaponsmith would need 10 sandpaper to make a
> lumber and another 10 to make a staff, it would still be 10-20 times
> cheaper than to buy them from a woodworker or carpenter on the free
> market.

As I understand it, fuel cost will differ based on the tier of the
combine. Tier 3 was 16 Silver or something like that according to
someone on test (not certain on that figure). So, for someone who is not
specializing, it will cost a minimum of 2xfuel cost, for someone who is
in that specialty, it is 1xfuel cost. The difference is pretty large at
tier 3+ it would seem. Tier 1 and 2, anyone can make many of the
subcomponents anyway.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 24 Dwarven Mystic, 22 Sage
Aviv, 12 Gnome Brawler, 21 Craftsman
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 6:47:46 PM

Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:21:25 +0100, Henrik Dissing
> <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:12:15 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>>
>>>You can make the subcomponants but it uses more fuel than the class
>>>that specializes in them.
>>
>>Could you elaborate a bit?
>>
>>Even if it meant that my weaponsmith would need 10 sandpaper to make a
>>lumber and another 10 to make a staff, it would still be 10-20 times
>>cheaper than to buy them from a woodworker or carpenter on the free
>>market.
>>
> Also, fuel will cost more as the tiers go up, so it will add up.
> Still probably cheaper than buying it from the price gougers, though.

Just means that only the lazy will pay price gouger prices. What it
means to me is that I now have a fallback for when there are none of the
subcomponents on the market, but, so long as the prices are reasonable,
I'll just buy them.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>