lexmark x85 compatability with xp

i recently upgraded to xp and now my lexmark x85 all in
one printer can no longer comunnicate with my computer.
i searched lemark home and down loaded update but still
nothing , i downloaded patch and still nothing,lexmark
referd me to intel for chipset driver update but their no
help they no longer offer support and refered me to
microsoft but i cannot find help can someone please help
me? "problem communicating with the printer"

and yes i check the cables and uninstalled and
reinstalled drivers but nothing!

Ah but you did not uninstall correctly!

Disconnect printer from PC...

Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions at

Do NOT miss out steps 14 thru 16!

After cleanup reboot. Download a new set of divers from www.lexmark.com
Install the software and do NOT reconnect the printer until the software
tells you to do so.
www.coribright.com

"malden117" <malden117@kon-x.com> wrote in message
> i recently upgraded to xp and now my lexmark x85 all in
> one printer can no longer comunnicate with my computer.
> i searched lemark home and down loaded update but still
> nothing , i downloaded patch and still nothing,lexmark
> referd me to intel for chipset driver update but their no
> help they no longer offer support and refered me to
> microsoft but i cannot find help can someone please help
> me? "problem communicating with the printer"
>
> and yes i check the cables and uninstalled and
> reinstalled drivers but nothing!

yes i did and i did a complete reinstall of xp
i connected the cable when i was promted to the printer
works on it's own as a copier can test print from printer
controls only not from computer
i downloaded new drivers from lexmark after i uninstalled
origianal drivers and still nothing.'

lexmark seems to think i have a problem with my usb port
but it says it's working properly
they mentioned updating usb drivers or chip set drivers
but can't figure out which ones to install .
i have a 440 intel chip set family processor
but theres 8 different ones to choose from and i really
dont want to screw them up?

Hardware)
>www.coribright.com
>
>"malden117" <malden117@kon-x.com> wrote in message
>> i recently upgraded to xp and now my lexmark x85 all in
>> one printer can no longer comunnicate with my computer.
>> i searched lemark home and down loaded update but still
>> nothing , i downloaded patch and still nothing,lexmark
>> referd me to intel for chipset driver update but their
no
>> help they no longer offer support and refered me to
>> microsoft but i cannot find help can someone please
help
>> me? "problem communicating with the printer"
>>
>> and yes i check the cables and uninstalled and
>> reinstalled drivers but nothing!
>>

>.

Look for drivers from either the motherboard manufacturer's website or from
the PC manufacturer's website.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com