Help !!! OClocking 440BX to 133MHz

G

I have an Intel 440BX mainboard(Gigabyte GA-6BXD), and I
saw lots of articles talking about OverClocking this chipset. So can anyone please tell me how to do it. Thank you^^

G

Not that I know for sure but I don't think too many people can get it at 133 because the BX is many years old now.

Terak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The 440BX chipset is one of the best ever designed.
The memory subsystem is often faster than newer sets.

I have a AOpen AX6B currently running at 133 FSB. This speed is not officially supported by AOpen but it works just fine. The only problem you may have is that your PCI and AGP slots operate way out of spec due to the lack of correct dividers.

I may have been lucky with my peripherals.

Regards,
Terak

G

Thanks for your reply, actually I try the SoftFSB but it didn't work. Everytime I run "Get FSB" (133.3 MHz)and it never crash but always gets FSB in 100.3 MHZ. I think my peripherals are no problems to overclock however I just can
get what I want.

Terak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Back to the original question...

The best way that I've found is to go into your BIOS when the computer first boots up... usually [Del] key.
Then you go into the chipset options menu (or similar) and look for a setting Clock Multiplier/Clock speed.

If you are using a newer Pentium II or III the multiplier will be useless. The Clock Speed option should give you a few options such as 103, 112, and 133 (on my AX6B).

Check your Motherboard manual to find out how to restart the machine if you mess up. Usually hold a certain key upon boot or close a motherboard jumper.

Take your time and good luck,
Terak