Temperature question...

G

At what temperature should I begin to worry about my 2 pentium III 933's? I have them up to 1030 mhz with idle temperatures at 29 degrees celcius. Any info or experience would be greatly appreciated

G

actually I posted wrong..... I just looked again and my chips are running at 22 degrees celcius with no load.

G

That seems pretty good but you want to test their temp at full load.

G

I hear you but actually now I have a new problem. I tried to open up 3d studio max r3 and render a couple of pics to see the speed difference and it crashed on me multiple times. I went back and brought the processors back down to 980 mhz and the program works fine. Do you think that it was my video card that crashed the program? It is an Oxygen GVX1.

G

If it crashed during rendering then your video card had nothing to do with it. If it was before then I'd say it is the video card. I had some bad drivers for my card and 3dsmax kept randomly restarting my computer when I ran it. I may be wrong about crashing when rendering but I think I'm right. Max shouldn't be accessing the video card when rendering except when showing the image and that shouldn't disrupt the agp at all. Since intel is the only one to support dual processor you may be stuck having troubles overclocking them since the multiplier is locked. Dual tbirds would render so fast I hate thinking about it since we can't have it.