Sign in with
Your question

Can not print from internet explorer 8

Last response: in Windows 7
October 11, 2010 1:45:09 PM

Printing from my documents is no problem, but direct from IE8 nothing happens, not even the printer pu-up menu appears. The computer ( Win7 )and the printer are new. What can the problen be???
Kind regards, otto.

More about : print internet explorer

a c 372 $ Windows 7
October 11, 2010 2:27:35 PM

I.E. uses a different printing system than does Windows. I think if you try to print an HTML formated email, it won't print either.

Have you tried both the File - Print option and the Print icon in I.E.? Does one of those work?
m
l
October 11, 2010 2:47:59 PM

Hi.
I tried both option - from the File menu and the print icon in I.E. I tried printing selected text, is the same. the printer icon on right down corner dus not come up.
m
l
Related resources
October 16, 2010 1:46:42 PM

cassandraf_winteam said:
Hi operfler - Check out this support article from Microsoft. I think it'll solve your printing problems - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973479

Let us know what happens.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

Thanks for your information.
I have tried the three options from the support.microsoft.

Option 1= nothing changed.
Option 2 = It says map already exists.
Option 3 = after clicking Enter, a new line comes up asking for the username, giving the username and again Enter a new line comes up again asking for the username without any comment. ( like wrong name or not matching or ….etc )
I would expect the window to close as having accepted, but it’s not, I have to click it away which of course means that nothing has changed and the printer still doesn’t work.
What next ???
Thanks for your interest in my printer problem and for your help.
Kind regards
Operfler.
m
l
!