Printing from DOS program to USB printer?

I have run into a different variation on this theme. First off, I got
the DOS program to print by following the previous recommendations to
Share the printer in Windows, then running the following DOS command:

NET USE LPT1: \\computer-name\printer-name /persistent:yes

However, now we cannot access the USB printer from inside Windows. We
get a message "There was an error writing to USB001".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay Shilstone

James,

> NET USE LPT1: \\computer-name\printer-name /persistent:yes
>
> However, now we cannot access the USB printer from inside Windows. We
> get a message "There was an error writing to USB001".

Try to "NET USE LPT1: /D" just before printing from Windows to see if it is
the NET USE, or try to restart the pc and print first from Windows then from
DOS. Maybe the DOS app. is sending some characters not well recognized by
the printer.

Regards,
Davide
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil

lucky

jAY, PRINTERS OPERATING ON USB ARE NOT COMPATABLE WITH OLDER DOS PROGRAMS, AND I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM. i FOUND THE ONLY WAY OUT WAS TO CONNECT THE TWO PRINTERS AND RESET THE DEFAULT PRINTER EACH TIME I NEEDED TO USE THE DOS PROGRAM. DOS WAS SETUP TO USE LPT PORT ON PARALEL PRINTERS.