Autodiscovery of printers w/XP

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Does anyone know how to turn off the autodiscover printer
feature on XP. I work in a school environment and I don't
want the students to be able to print to multiple
printers, only the ones that I have installed on their
machines. But, everytime I share a printer it is
autoinstalled on my xp machines. I have looked but I
can't seem to find out how to do this.

Open Windows Explorer...from the Toolbar, Tools, Folder Options...
View... Uncheck first line...Automatically search for Network folders and
Printers.
www.coribright.com