installing older printer (16 bit)

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

I'm running XP pro and was given a ebson stylus 600 color
printer,went to ebson and the last version for available
drivers is win NT,tried to download anyway but couldn't
open because it's 16 bit.does the compatability wizard do
anything to help correct this type of problem ? any
alternatives ? or just toss the old printer

ted wrote:
> I'm running XP pro and was given a ebson stylus 600 color
> printer,went to ebson and the last version for available
> drivers is win NT,tried to download anyway but couldn't
> open because it's 16 bit.does the compatability wizard do
> anything to help correct this type of problem ? any
> alternatives ? or just toss the old printer

1) If you went to 'Ebson', I'm surprised you found anything - it's
/*EPson*/

2) You cannot use any other driver other than XP and 2000 under XP

3) Drivers cannot be installed using the compatibility wizard

4) XP has its own driver for the ESC600 - it's very basic, and there's no
ink status monitor, but it's enough to get it to print.

5) You may have corrupted the XP driver by attempting to install the NT.
Suggest you attempt to roll back - if anything installed. If not, try
reattaching the printer, rebooting and letting Windows detect it.