FUGGER, would you like Vapochill + unlocked P4?

G

P4 mobo with multiplier adjustment, overclocked FSB, subzero temperatures, and a pretty unlocked P4 running at 1.5 ghz default.

How fast do you think it could get?

It would be the computer with more ghz ever, but would it be the faster one?

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wait till the P4 goes to .13 micron.

This current version is to bridge the gap so that developers can get the P4 to test code and develop products.

The lifespan is too short to invest $ for gaming or hobiest, let alone build a vapochill system from one.

Everyone wants to bash the P4 not knowing that this is just proving grounds to make sure the P4 is a sucess as far as new technology that works. Intel did not market the current P4 to battle against Tbird (even though people still want to post results from unoptimized code), but to get product in hands of developers, keeping prices higher out of consumers reach but resonable for professionals.

Im still running the 850 mobo here, and its not overclockable. I have had a few Asus mobos w/1.4Ghz go thru and they will overclock nicely to 1.6~1.7 with retail HSF. but I cannot deliver OC'd systems.

I have seen sites that OC's P4 to over 2Ghz with supercooling. dont have URL's but im sure somoene out there does.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
yeh everybody knows tyhat they are just to get the code right and the buggs out.
but why not just make aviable to the devloper companies to use that way the could of saved face withe the current profmacne problem that occur in some apps

i don't care about all the fighting between amd and intell becuase any persom can see that each have positives and negatives

saying that i can't whieght to see what it can actualy do when itt becomes compleet to specs