Maximum allowable Temp for T-bird AMD

G

I would like to know what's the maximum temperature that the T-bird can tolerate? I have a T-Bird 850 in which i overclock to 1003 Ghz. (on a KT7-A motherboard) Also have a 1 inch generic heatsink running at 4200 rpm.

Got the voltage to 1.85 and FSB to 120.

Will Sisoft Sandra provide accurate/real CPU temperature? It reported 29-30C in my W2K but i get a different readout when i am under CMOS. Under CMOS, the temperature is slowing rising from 30C to 47C. At that point i had to turn off my machine.

G

80C is the max amd says. If you're going to OC your processor substantially its worth spending a few bucks to get a half decent heatsink fan. You can get some good ones from about $15.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I made the classic blunder while overclocking a Duron 650 to 900... On an A7V I had been fiddling with the voltage jumpers since it seemed to do better than the soft-menu and I turned it on without plugging in the fan on my Global Win. See the voltage jumpers are right next to the fan plug and it was easier to move them if the fan is unplugged... It seemed to be booting slowly so I walked off and left it for about 15 minutes... mind you I had it at 1.9 volts! Anyway returning I touched the heat sink and after scorching my finger realized what I had done! Hastily I cut power, blew on the heatsink a couple of times, plugged the fan back in and it booted normally. Didn't hurt the processor at all! So the message is these chips are tougher than I thought!

Scout

TRENDING THREADS