XP Fax with NTL Broadband

Will the XP Fax Console only function with a dial up modem?
I am using NTL Broadband and I am told by the FAX set up
that I do not have a modem! Is their a way round this or am
I missing something?
2 answers Last reply
More about broadband

    Hi

    You'll need your dial-up connection as well for faxing. Have a look at Robin Walker's web page:

    "Simultaneous dial-up modem and cable modem"
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/dialup.html

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Peter wrote:
    > Will the XP Fax Console only function with a dial up modem?]

    Erm, faxing requires direct access to a phone line, so what you reckon?!

    > I am using NTL Broadband and I am told by the FAX set up
    > that I do not have a modem!

    That is correct - you don't.

    Is their a way round this or am
    > I missing something?

    No 'there' (please note spelling, their is possessive) isn't.

Broadband Fax Modem Windows XP