XP Fax with NTL Broadband

May 1, 2004 12:33:43 PM

Will the XP Fax Console only function with a dial up modem?
I am using NTL Broadband and I am told by the FAX set up
that I do not have a modem! Is their a way round this or am
I missing something?

More about : fax ntl broadband

Anonymous
May 1, 2004 8:59:26 PM

Hi

You'll need your dial-up connection as well for faxing. Have a look at Robin Walker's web page:

"Simultaneous dial-up modem and cable modem"
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/di...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:708501c42f91$af99eb80$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| Will the XP Fax Console only function with a dial up modem?
| I am using NTL Broadband and I am told by the FAX set up
| that I do not have a modem! Is their a way round this or am
| I missing something?

Anonymous
May 2, 2004 6:38:44 AM

Peter wrote:
> Will the XP Fax Console only function with a dial up modem?]

Erm, faxing requires direct access to a phone line, so what you reckon?!

> I am using NTL Broadband and I am told by the FAX set up
> that I do not have a modem!

That is correct - you don't.

Is their a way round this or am
> I missing something?

No 'there' (please note spelling, their is possessive) isn't.
!