Desura cant find steam???!!!

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
im having trouble playing alot of mods from the desura client, the mods for crysis and diablo 2 work fine but nothing else works, can someone please help me, just let me know what information you need. when i launch a titans quest mod it says application error failed to find steam

yeah i found that app last night it was on my pc for 20 mins and then removed... there mods can be found on crynet so you dont need the client if you can install them yourself...
i managed to run a mod through the game but my crysis 2 isnt the steam version...
but still you want to get rid of that loader as it auto booted with my pc even after i deleted its startup entry... which is very much the behavior of a malware...

yeah i found that app last night it was on my pc for 20 mins and then removed... there mods can be found on crynet so you dont need the client if you can install them yourself...
i managed to run a mod through the game but my crysis 2 isnt the steam version...
but still you want to get rd of that loader as it still booted with my pc even after i deleted its startup entry... which is very much the behavior of a info miner...

as for the steam error its either the app is looking in the wrong place (fix it via the apps settings) or the server you connect the client to is looking in the wrong place and theres nothing you can do except email em and tell em its a fault.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

It also starts up on my computer after i disabled it, its really annoying it makes it startup slow, im just gonna say *** it and get rid of it, mod db is better anyway just somtimes mods dont work from there for me. whats an info miner tho?