Advice On Newer HD Models for Armada 1750 ?

Hello again, all. I am seeking advice and information on what type of
9mm or 12mm HDs I can install into my Compaq Armada 1750. The only
thing I'm sure of at this point is that IBM Travelstars, the ATA/IDE
kind will work.

What I would like to know is do any of the newer models of laptop HDs
work in it? I see things like ATA-4 ATA-3 and so on, and I get a
bit dumbfounded.

I would like to get something like a 20giger, and would appreciate any
suggestions or comments. Thanks for your time!!!

Chaser
1 answer Last reply
More about advice newer models armada 1750

    Although your Armada likely does not have ATA3 or 4 capability, most all
    drives are backwards compatible with ATA 2, which your armada likely does
    support.
    HH

    "Mumbato" <mumbatoNO-SPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello again, all. I am seeking advice and information on what type of
    > 9mm or 12mm HDs I can install into my Compaq Armada 1750. The only
    > thing I'm sure of at this point is that IBM Travelstars, the ATA/IDE
    > kind will work.
    >
    > What I would like to know is do any of the newer models of laptop HDs
    > work in it? I see things like ATA-4 ATA-3 and so on, and I get a
    > bit dumbfounded.
    >
    > I would like to get something like a 20giger, and would appreciate any
    > suggestions or comments. Thanks for your time!!!
    >
    > Chaser

Compaq HD Computers