Closed

Can't delete network printer now that I'm not connected to..

May 1, 2004 6:05:55 PM

I've removed a computer that had a printer connected, now
another computer can't delete it because it's "no longer
connected to the server"! Help! I'm having trouble
connecting a Panasonic KX-P5400 to Win XP and thought this
other printer driver might be causeing the problem. The
Panasonic prints only garbage no matter how'd it's set or
which drivers I load!
Thanks
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 3:52:32 PM

You'll have to stop the print spooler first...

From the command prompt, type

net stop spooler
(and hit enter)

Uninstall the printer... as per

Then remember to restart the print spooler....

net start spooler

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Olga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've removed a computer that had a printer connected, now
> another computer can't delete it because it's "no longer
> connected to the server"! Help! I'm having trouble
> connecting a Panasonic KX-P5400 to Win XP and thought this
> other printer driver might be causeing the problem. The
> Panasonic prints only garbage no matter how'd it's set or
> which drivers I load!
> Thanks
Related resources
August 8, 2012 2:03:46 AM

I am self taught,and don't understand half of the things being said,spooler,etc. I added a printer just so it would mark my printer,ran the disc.and now have 3 printers,but only have one printer that was working just fine till I decided to touch something I had no business touching..........................Alone here HELPPPP! I AM DROWNING........................................................THANK YOU BY THE WAY
August 8, 2012 3:24:13 AM

I'm self taught and know how to open services.msc and restart the print spooler.

Click Start > Run (or Windows Key + R)

type, "services.msc" (without the quotes)

Scroll to "print spooler", right-click and click "restart"

Attempt to delete printer from the printers and faxes or whatever it was called in xp, can't remember now.

It should work.
August 8, 2012 8:59:12 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!