Closed

Can't delete network printer now that I'm not connected to..

I've removed a computer that had a printer connected, now
another computer can't delete it because it's "no longer
connected to the server"! Help! I'm having trouble
connecting a Panasonic KX-P5400 to Win XP and thought this
other printer driver might be causeing the problem. The
Panasonic prints only garbage no matter how'd it's set or
which drivers I load!
Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about delete network printer connected

    You'll have to stop the print spooler first...

    From the command prompt, type

    net stop spooler
    (and hit enter)

    Uninstall the printer... as per

    Then remember to restart the print spooler....

    net start spooler

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Olga" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've removed a computer that had a printer connected, now
    > another computer can't delete it because it's "no longer
    > connected to the server"! Help! I'm having trouble
    > connecting a Panasonic KX-P5400 to Win XP and thought this
    > other printer driver might be causeing the problem. The
    > Panasonic prints only garbage no matter how'd it's set or
    > which drivers I load!
    > Thanks
  2. The best way to uninstall or delete a printer is to remove it via the registry. So if you are getting the error Cannot remove network printer, read this post.

    http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/cannot-remove-or-delete-network-printer/
  3. I am self taught,and don't understand half of the things being said,spooler,etc. I added a printer just so it would mark my printer,ran the disc.and now have 3 printers,but only have one printer that was working just fine till I decided to touch something I had no business touching..........................Alone here HELPPPP! I AM DROWNING........................................................THANK YOU BY THE WAY
  4. I'm self taught and know how to open services.msc and restart the print spooler.

    Click Start > Run (or Windows Key + R)

    type, "services.msc" (without the quotes)

    Scroll to "print spooler", right-click and click "restart"

    Attempt to delete printer from the printers and faxes or whatever it was called in xp, can't remember now.

    It should work.

Computers Network Printer Windows XP