Renderinfo.txt is blank skyrim wont work HELP!

klaive99

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I deleted the renderinfo.txt, and now when I reinstall skyrim it shows the text as EMPTY, it wont detect or put anything about my graphics card in the information. I have tried installing again, deleting the entire file that contains skyrim.ini, and skyrimpref.ini, and it still keeps showing 0kb on my renderinfo.txt. I tried updating my driver, I tried installing direct X. I have a hd 6850. Now skyrim will generate the proper files for skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini but it won't generate the renderinfo.txt. I can't play the game, it tries to load then says error and sometimes it loops the error over and over. Please help, or tell me what to do to fix this. Thank you so much

klaive99

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Yeah, each time I try to reinstall skyrim it makes a new one, but does not detect my graphic card, it shows 0kb under that file and the game won't load. Also, I have reinstalled my device drivers as well and it won't generate the file either.

klaive99

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I got it working, thank you for your help. It turns out that I had to uninstall the AMD catalyst drivers, and use a different set of drivers, that were certified, not the ones found at the AMD website. I went to XFX and got a different version. Fixed the problem. Thank you!