Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Performance issues?!!?!

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
My system is:

ASUS Rampage iii Formula Motherboard
Intel i7 960 @ 3.2 GHz
12GB of Corsair Dominator RAM
EVGA GTX 570 HD 2.5GB
Sony Bravo 1920X1080

Running Windows 7 64-bit from a Corsair 64GB SSD
Games HDD is Maxtor 500GB 7200RPM

I'm able to run games like Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 at MAX settings on this rig with no slow down whatsoever. The framerate in the Mass Effects games is super fluid, above 60 fps, even without overclocking the cpu or gpu. But for some reason I'm having performance issues in Brotherhood(Max settings) when I'm in an area with a lot of NPC's the framerate gets really choppy, and at other times the screen has a light flicker effect going on. It's sooooo annoying. 80% of the time the game runs so smooth and fluid like the ME games but when it gets choppy it breaks up the immersion.

Are there any tricks to optimizing this game so it runs smoothly on this system? It's funny that I can run Battlefield 3 on Ultra settings and get a smooth fps. Is there something I'm missing?

I tried overclocking the 570 and this helps slightly. I tried overclocking the cpu and couldn't get a stable overclock.

Cuzzin Chizzy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2012
They're better, but I'm not playing a game with that much screen tearing. I might just have to play it on 360 instead. Have the first two on 360 and even though the framerate isn't as high and the anti-aliasing isn't as good, it's at least a constant mediocrity and isn't as noticeable. It's like I'd rather look at a decent painting that is consistent than look at the most beautiful painting in the world that has a turd on it.

Yeah, it should auto-update since it's on steam.
And no, I don't think you need a separate patch.