Printer owner name change

May 2, 2004 7:25:05 AM

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help? My friend has just had a
computer given to her. We have been able to change the
registration to her name by carefully going in the windows
registry, but the printer owner in the print queue is
still in the previous owners name. Is there any way we
can change this? I have tried reinstalling the printer
but it still says the pervious owner.

Please help us.

Thanks Nigel

More about : printer owner change

Anonymous
May 3, 2004 3:54:54 PM

Then it sounds as if she is still logging in under the previous User's Name.

You'll have to create a new User Account for the new owner, with Admin
Rights... and then "Take Ownership" of the previous User Account's folders
BEFORE you delete the Previous Owner's information.

Cari
www.coribright.com

!