Printer owner name change

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help? My friend has just had a
computer given to her. We have been able to change the
registration to her name by carefully going in the windows
registry, but the printer owner in the print queue is
still in the previous owners name. Is there any way we
can change this? I have tried reinstalling the printer
but it still says the pervious owner.

Please help us.

Thanks Nigel
1 answer Last reply
More about printer owner change

    Then it sounds as if she is still logging in under the previous User's Name.

    You'll have to create a new User Account for the new owner, with Admin
    Rights... and then "Take Ownership" of the previous User Account's folders
    BEFORE you delete the Previous Owner's information.

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Nigel Walker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I wonder if anyone can help? My friend has just had a
    > computer given to her. We have been able to change the
    > registration to her name by carefully going in the windows
    > registry, but the printer owner in the print queue is
    > still in the previous owners name. Is there any way we
    > can change this? I have tried reinstalling the printer
    > but it still says the pervious owner.
    >
    > Please help us.
    >
    > Thanks Nigel

Microsoft Printers Windows XP