Recommend a wireless tablet?

Hi I am looking to find a wireless internet tablet. The minimum
requirements are that it surf the web and have wifi ability. I am
really looking for a tablet size unit (ie. 8x10") or at least a good
deal larget than the typical pda/pocket pc? Has anyone actually seen
such a device or better yet own one?
5 answers Last reply
More about recommend wireless tablet

    Can you help me out a little more than yes?

    Yes.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    On 14 Sep 2005 08:11:39 -0700, "johnnyo" <jouell@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Can you help me out a little more than yes?

    No.

    Well, actually, there is a table PC that might be suitable:
    http://www.etch-a-sketch.com/html/onlineetch.htm
    No wires that I can see.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
    Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

    In article <1126710699.767104.10950@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    jouell@gmail.com says...
    > Can you help me out a little more than yes?

    Have you tried Googling for "tablet PC" at all?

    I like these http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_pc.asp

    Then you've got the Sybmol hand held devices which run Windows Mobile,
    Psion teklogix have something similar.

    Google really does help here.

    David.

    jouell wrote:
    > Hi I am looking to find a wireless internet tablet. The minimum
    > requirements are that it surf the web and have wifi ability. I am
    > really looking for a tablet size unit (ie. 8x10") or at least a good
    > deal larget than the typical pda/pocket pc? Has anyone actually seen
    > such a device or better yet own one?

    Compaq TC1100.

    Whatever you buy, ensure that it doesn't weigh more than about 3 pounds.
    It really gets annoying to hold one of the heavier tablets.

    The Motion Computing LE1600 and LS800 are also good choices, but the
    LE1600 is too big, IMVAIO.

    I did a lot of work on the original Compaq tablet, the TC1000. It had
    better battery life, but was not as fast as the TC1100.

Wireless Tablets Wireless Internet Wireless Networking