GW FOP32-I or....

G

I am considering purchasing a Tbird 1000. I am given the choice between Global Win FOP32-I or Thermal Take Chrome Orb fan. Also for an additional charge of $8, I was told I could upgrade to the thermal Take Super Orb. Which one should I choose? Please correct me if I'm wrong, it seems to me that the GW FOP32-I is better than both the Thermal Takes. Is there anything else I should be looking for in regards to a HSF? Thanks for your help.

G

Are those your only choices? If so, go with the Global Win FOP32. You can always put a larger/faster fan on it for more air flow later if needed, the Thermaltake you can't. The Global Win FOP32 is the same as the FOP38 with regards to the actual heatsink, as the FOP38 just uses a larger/faster fan to cool better. If you have other choices, I would look into the Alpha PAL6035. I use it with the Sunon fan and it keeps my 1.2Ghz @ 1333mhz cool just fine. Max temps are around 48C under full load, and idle around 32C on my Abit KT7A-RAID. I use Arctic Silver compound to assist is heat transfer, but it does not perform much better than regular thermal paste or interface materials when applied correctly, about a 1-2C difference.