I have received an error message regarding the printer spooler which then closes. I have been using a Minolta 1350W laser printer without trouble until today. I have tried rebooting the computer without success. I also restarted the spooler using the computer maintenance utility, but immediately encountered the same message.

Please advise.

Thanks.

What is the exact text of the error message?

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Clive" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have received an error message regarding the printer spooler which then
>closes. I have been using a Minolta 1350W laser printer without trouble
>until today. I have tried rebooting the computer without success. I also
>restarted the spooler using the computer maintenance utility, but
>immediately encountered the same message.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks.

Cori,

I followed your advice to go to the Microsoft website and followed the KB link you had indicated for another sufferer.
After completing the steps (well described by MicroSoft), the spooler had started and I could re-install my Minolta drivers.
The printer is working fine, and interestingly, my whole computer is working faster.

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to advise us.

Clive

hans

Try this:

Go to the folder c:\windows\system32\spool\printers. If there are recent files, cut them to an other location (for backup if this doesn't work). Then restart Windows XP.
I had this problem and this solved it.

Good luck