printer not working properly

i have a new computer with windows home xp.

when i try to print to my hp laserjet 5l the print signal
evidently does not reach my printer correctly. yello
light is displayed instead of green. so i have to hold
down button on printer until printer starts to print. big
problem is that pages are only half printed. a command or
two must be set up incorrectly. what should i change.

How are you connecting this printer to the PC.... ?

Cari
www.coribright.com