Fax Console Questions

All,

I have been tasked with updating our old fax server process. I want to use
the Fax Console in Windows XP to do all the faxing, but I have a couple of
questions:
1. Can I have more than one fax modem per machine?
2. Is is possible for the fax console to send more than one fax at a
time if I can have more than fax Printer per box?
3. If this is not possible, does anyone have a good suggestion on a fax
package that can do this?

john

Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"John Wright" <rileyx_wright@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have been tasked with updating our old fax server process. I want to
use
> the Fax Console in Windows XP to do all the faxing, but I have a couple of
> questions:
> 1. Can I have more than one fax modem per machine?
> 2. Is is possible for the fax console to send more than one fax at a
> time if I can have more than fax Printer per box?
> 3. If this is not possible, does anyone have a good suggestion on a
fax
> package that can do this?
>

> john

1. No
2. No
3. No. Inasmuch as this is a group supporting Microsoft software, few of us
have experience with third party offerings. That is what you need to
investigate.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"John Wright" <rileyx_wright@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> I have been tasked with updating our old fax server process. I want to
use
> the Fax Console in Windows XP to do all the faxing, but I have a couple of
> questions:
> 1. Can I have more than one fax modem per machine?
> 2. Is is possible for the fax console to send more than one fax at a
> time if I can have more than fax Printer per box?
> 3. If this is not possible, does anyone have a good suggestion on a
fax
> package that can do this?
>

> john

Anyone who uses "task" as a verb shouldn't be trusted with
important tasks.

Windows XP Fax Service supports only one fax modem. However Windows Server
2003 does support multiple devices & in that case there can be more than one
fax transmission in progress at the same time.

And with fax printer sharing, individual users can add the fax printer (just
like they do 'add normal printer') & start faxing from their desktops!!

You can search www.microsoft.com for fax. One of the links I got,
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/fxsclnt/FaxC_C_ConfigFaxCont.asp?frame=true
might help.

Let's know if you need additional details

--
Raghavendra R
purposes only.

> 1. No
> 2. No
> 3. No. Inasmuch as this is a group supporting Microsoft software, few of
us
> have experience with third party offerings. That is what you need to
> investigate.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "John Wright" <rileyx_wright@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > I have been tasked with updating our old fax server process. I want to
> use
> > the Fax Console in Windows XP to do all the faxing, but I have a couple
of
> > questions:
> > 1. Can I have more than one fax modem per machine?
> > 2. Is is possible for the fax console to send more than one fax at
> > time if I can have more than fax Printer per box?
> > 3. If this is not possible, does anyone have a good suggestion on a
> fax
> > package that can do this?
> >

> > john

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

You might want to try Symantec's Winfax Pro-its a much
more full featured application than the one bundled with
XP. It supports two faxmodems. Alternatively there are
many online fax services that have fax boards connected to
T-1 lines and can blast as many faxes as you want.

Ted