Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I'm getting a new computer for LAN parties and gaming. It's already getting 4 case fans, so the hsf can be as loud as need be. Athlon, socket A, Iwill KK266 mobo, some pretty extreme OC expected, so I need a really good hsf. Any ideas? I'm thinking Alpha PEP66 + Delta Black Label.

"If you teach a child to read, then him or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
there's a good review somewhere (link i think?)on the amdzone site with a ton of hsf's.

I have the fop38 fan (delta fan) which is working very nicely
tb800@933
abit kt7a raid

mpjesse

Splendid
I've got the PAL6035 and the Delta 38CFM fan. My Athlon is OC'd from 800mhz to 1Ghz most of the time and sometimes I bump up the FSB. Anyways, at 1Ghz the temps are (full load) around 35C to 37C. I'd say that's pretty good. Other than a ton of fans- no case mods.

-MP Jesse

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i get around 29C idle with a ton of cooling and a few case mods.
GW fop38/delta fan /w artic silver

never seen it go over 45C yet.
Using motherboard moniter 5.04

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Im a new guy,but im crazy on cooling...Im running a Fob 38 with silver stuff,2 3" ,1 2" in fans..And 2 120mm out fans.Loud???? sure it is but i will enclose it soon...More fans?? Im sure im running cool..My Athlon is worth it....AMD is King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS.Case mods are a must..

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Helpmostimes on 02/25/01 07:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Have to agree with the Fop 38. With arctic silver 2 I haven't seen mine go over 46C even after intense, repeated demos and playing Q3 for over several hours- that is at 1450Mhz 145FSB.

Get the via Hardware monitor or Motherboard montitor.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
How heavy is the Fop 38, and what's the clip like? I plan to haul the machine around to a LAN party about once a month. I don't want to have to take it apart to haul around, or leave it in and have it fall apart and destroy my system.. I know the Fop 32 is okay-220 grams.

"If you teach a child to read, then him or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

People claim that the clip is impossible to get on and off- I can do it in 5 seconds or less- but you need a regular screwdriver and an inkpen.

The clip will hold it on real good, (not sure about the weight but that's what car insurance is for right!)- I drive mine around sometimes to show it the town. Belt it in an go real fast. I once rented a generator so I could see how high I could OC with the thing sitting in the bed of my truck with the cover off. Got it up to 1800mhz and it was all good until a fly caught it square in the vid card at 95mph. Next time I'll stick to the freezer (I drilled a hole for my cord to come out)

G

Do you have to have WC to use a pelt? I would be interested in finding out more... -50 hmmmmm?

Screw the risks!
-Street-AMD 1450Mhz-Abit KT7A-Raid-256CL2-Fop38

G

The answer for you is The Core.... www.cpufx.com ....This is one serious HSF. Loud though.... so loud that I removed it immediately after witnessing a 13degree (cel) drop in temperature. If noise is no concern, don't fool around. Get one of these bad boys. Your ears will ring for two days and your cat will hate you, but your tbird will be cooler than Fonzie.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Ummm... The Core is a block of aluminum that costs 70 dollars. It definately weighs over 300 grams! But it's worth considering for any sedentary computer. But I don't see a review from any place I trust.