HELP!!! Need help with stalled downloads

Hey folks,
It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
service.
When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's just
the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
What could be causing this?
Please help me with this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Eddie
3 answers Last reply
More about help stalled downloads

    ask rOadrunner
    "Edward Holub" <eholub@SW.rr.com@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey folks,
    > It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
    > service.
    > When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
    > pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's
    > just
    > the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
    > What could be causing this?
    > Please help me with this.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.
    > Eddie

    I had Roadrunner for 6 years and noticed that sometimes on RR's news server.
    Possibly it is getting hit pretty hard and your request is queued up for a
    few seconds before it is recognized. Unless the delay is more than 10-20
    seconds I would not worry about it. You might try a fifferent news server if
    it bothers you.
    HH

    "Edward Holub" <eholub@SW.rr.com@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey folks,
    > It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
    > service.
    > When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
    > pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's
    just
    > the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
    > What could be causing this?
    > Please help me with this.
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.
    > Eddie

    Thanks again.

    "Edward Holub" <eholub@SW.rr.com@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hey folks,
    > It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
    > service.
    > When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
    > pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's
    just
    > the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
    > What could be causing this?
    > Please help me with this.