HELP!!! Need help with stalled downloads

Last response: in Computer Brands
September 17, 2004 3:43:00 AM

Hey folks,
It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
service.
When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's just
the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
What could be causing this?
Please help me with this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Eddie

More about : stalled downloads

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:43:01 AM

ask rOadrunner
"Edward Holub" <eholub@SW.rr.com@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hey folks,
> It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
> service.
> When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
> pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's
> just
> the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
> What could be causing this?
> Please help me with this.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Eddie

September 17, 2004 10:50:57 AM

I had Roadrunner for 6 years and noticed that sometimes on RR's news server.
Possibly it is getting hit pretty hard and your request is queued up for a
few seconds before it is recognized. Unless the delay is more than 10-20
seconds I would not worry about it. You might try a fifferent news server if
it bothers you.
HH

"Edward Holub" <eholub@SW.rr.com@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hey folks,
> It's a strange situation. I have a Compaq Presario and Road Runner
> service.
> When I'm downloading items from newsgroups there is sometimes a long
> pause between click and download. The download itself is speedy. It's
just
> the wait until it BEGINS downloading.
> What could be causing this?
> Please help me with this.