How did my VX6100 get into Driving Mode?

I have been using my VX6100 in manner mode quite a bit and did use a headset
on it last night plugged into the 2.5mm plug. Today at lunch time someone
called me while I thought it was in Manner Mode and the thing started
talking to me. It said the name of the friend who was calling me a couple
times. Now I thought it was in Manner Mode and didn't want it to make noise
but, here it goes talking to me. I did not have a headphone jack plugged in
anymore and hadn't had it plugged in for over 8 hours. While the headphone
was plugged in I never noticed it switching to Driving Mode. So I just want
to know how it got switched into Driving Mode without my knowledge? I don't
need this thing to be making noise when I don't want it making noise. The
vibrate is fine. I tried the same headset on this phone tonight trying to
see if it somehow made the phone go into Driving Mode automatically somehow
but, it didn't. So now what?

Ben
5 answers Last reply
More about vx6100 driving mode

    The most obvious reason would be that you somehow held down one of the side
    buttons of the phone for a few seconds and activated it that way. You can
    either activate driving mode through menus, or you can hold down the bottom
    most button on the left side of the phone and that will do it to. But, if
    you already knew that, and you know you didn't rub a button too long...
    sorry, I can't help ya. ;)

    --
    The Toe Pages: http://www.rubbertoe.com
    Freshly Redesigned! New Low-Tech Appeal!

    When I hold down the decreasing volume button on the left side it makes my
    phone go into Manner Mode. Not Driving Mode.
    "Robert J Batina" <rbatina@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
    > The most obvious reason would be that you somehow held down one of the
    > side
    > buttons of the phone for a few seconds and activated it that way. You can
    > either activate driving mode through menus, or you can hold down the
    > bottom
    > most button on the left side of the phone and that will do it to. But, if
    > you already knew that, and you know you didn't rub a button too long...
    > sorry, I can't help ya. ;)
    >

    > --
    > The Toe Pages: http://www.rubbertoe.com
    > Freshly Redesigned! New Low-Tech Appeal!

    > When I hold down the decreasing volume button on the left
    > side it makes my
    > phone go into Manner Mode. Not Driving Mode.

    On my VX4500 there are three buttons. The first two raise
    or reduce volume and the third (a little further down) puts
    the phone in driving mode if you push and hold it for a few
    seconds. If you just push and release it quickly it enables
    you to input a voice command, i.e. the phone voice will say
    something like "say a command". Hope this helps.

    Ok, I figured it out. If the phone is closed and you push and hold the mic
    button which is the bottom button on the left side of the phone then it will
    put it into Driving Mode. So remember if you are trying to be low profile
    and have your phone in Manner Mode then be sure to either lock your phone or
    make sure that you don't accidentally push the mic button while it's in your
    pocket.

    Ben
    "Swingman" <sbt@silcom.com> wrote in message

    >> When I hold down the decreasing volume button on the left side it makes
    >> my
    >> phone go into Manner Mode. Not Driving Mode.
    >
    > On my VX4500 there are three buttons. The first two raise or reduce
    > volume and the third (a little further down) puts the phone in driving
    > mode if you push and hold it for a few seconds. If you just push and
    > release it quickly it enables you to input a voice command, i.e. the phone
    > voice will say something like "say a command". Hope this helps.

  5. OK...I've accidentally changed it into drive mode...how do I get manner mode back? Help please! Katie

Verizon Gaming Headsets Internet Service Providers