Wireless Print Server Help

I have been exhaustively searching for a wireless print server that will work with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and
apparently, there aren't any wireless print servers out there that support AES encryption, that I can find anyway.

I did find a print server made by Axis that supposedly supports AES, but I am finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it
difficult to believe that the mainstream manufacturers like Linksys, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own
routers offer. Am I missing something?

Many thanks!
--
* Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Beta 8 (RC1)
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    jduensbury@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I have been exhaustively searching for a wireless print server that will work with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and
    >apparently, there aren't any wireless print servers out there that support AES encryption, that I can find anyway.
    >
    >I did find a print server made by Axis that supposedly supports AES, but I am finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it
    >difficult to believe that the mainstream manufacturers like Linksys, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own
    >routers offer. Am I missing something?
    >
    >Many thanks!

    Does seem strange, doesn't it.

    It is also strangly difficult to shop for any wireless devices with AES
    requirement. Even if they support AES, it is difficult to determine that
    the support is there.

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:00:20 -0500, John D. (jduensbury@hotmail.com)
    wrote:

    >I have been exhaustively searching for a wireless print server that will work with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and
    >apparently, there aren't any wireless print servers out there that support AES encryption, that I can find anyway.
    >
    >I did find a print server made by Axis that supposedly supports AES, but I am finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it
    >difficult to believe that the mainstream manufacturers like Linksys, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own
    >routers offer. Am I missing something?
    >
    >Many thanks!

    I wouldn't be too surprised because WPA2 is hardly working smoothly
    where it HAS been implemented. They can't even get it working with
    products that have been around for ages, let alone with new products.

    jduensbury@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I have been exhaustively searching for a wireless print server that will work with my home network...Unfortunately (if that is the correct word), I am using WPA-PSK AES and
    > apparently, there aren't any wireless print servers out there that support AES encryption, that I can find anyway.
    >
    > I did find a print server made by Axis that supposedly supports AES, but I am finding it difficult to justify spending $150 for a single-port print server. I just find it
    > difficult to believe that the mainstream manufacturers like Linksys, Belkin, D-Link, Netgear, etc...do not have print servers that utilize the maximum encryption that their own
    > routers offer. Am I missing something?
    >
    > Many thanks!

    Did you look at
    "http://actiontec.com/products/home_networking/54mbps_wireless_multiport_print_server/index.php"

    This is the only model I've found with WPA. Motorola advertises it, but
    they don't really have it on their WPS870G.

    "http://broadband.motorola.com/consumers/products/wps870g/default.asp?sSection=home_networking"

Wireless Servers Wireless Networking