BIOS check sum error?

G

Heres the thing, I was adding more memory to my system when i got that BIOS check sum error for the first time but it went away after reboot. After about 2 hours it got to the point where I couldnt boot up at all, i kept getting those errors. It looked like the BIOS died on me so I had exactly the same mobo in my other system so I switched the BIOS chips. Still nothing same error with a new bios chip. Later on it got to the point where i wasnt getting any video out at all. I even tried different video cards and still nothing. Any ideas whats the problem?
thanx
my system:
Abit BX6 rev2.0
P3 650
256M Crucial PC133
30G IBM 75GXP
Viper 770
SBL

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
After adding the RAM the checksum error would be generated as the RAM settings stored by CMOS are no longer valid.

The method to resolve that is to enter BIOS and then Save and Exit. If you do not save the settings it is just a big circle back to checksum error at boot.

Does it recognize all installed memory? If it is not recognizing the correct amount of memory something is wrong with the config.

You have only mentioned rebooting and replacing BIOS chip, the two things above are critical.