HP Deskjet 895cse, Windows XP, Double-Sided Print Option N..

New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?
3 answers Last reply
More about deskjet 895cse windows double sided print option

    The XP driver for this printer doesn't provide this function. You need
    to get the program FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) which will give you
    double sided printing and more.

    S Stout Wrote:
    > New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to
    > print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the
    > layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?

    I have the exact same problem and have never been able to get that
    feature working for the last 18 months. Help with this would be
    greatly appreciated. I hate wasting paper with single-sided printing.
    Thanks.

    --
    spectrumband

    HP decided not to write updated printers for this very old and discontinued
    feature. Microsoft included drivers that will work but may not have the
    features you were used to. Use the software available at www.fineprint.com
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "spectrumband" <spectrumband.1l4hpr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > S Stout Wrote:
    >> New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to
    >> print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the
    >> layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?
    >
    > I have the exact same problem and have never been able to get that
    > feature working for the last 18 months. Help with this would be
    > greatly appreciated. I hate wasting paper with single-sided printing.
    > Thanks.
    >

    > --
    > spectrumband

Windows XP Hewlett Packard Deskjet