HP Deskjet 895cse, Windows XP, Double-Sided Print Option N..

New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?

The XP driver for this printer doesn't provide this function. You need
to get the program FinePrint (www.fineprint.com) which will give you
double sided printing and more.

S Stout Wrote:
> New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to
> print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the
> layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?

I have the exact same problem and have never been able to get that
feature working for the last 18 months. Help with this would be
greatly appreciated. I hate wasting paper with single-sided printing.
Thanks.

--
spectrumband

HP decided not to write updated printers for this very old and discontinued
feature. Microsoft included drivers that will work but may not have the
features you were used to. Use the software available at www.fineprint.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"spectrumband" <spectrumband.1l4hpr@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> S Stout Wrote:
>> New computer running Windows XP (Home) and HP Deskjet 895cse. Option to
>> print front to back (both sides of paper) is not available on the
>> layout tab, greyed out. How can I fix this?
>
> I have the exact same problem and have never been able to get that
> feature working for the last 18 months. Help with this would be
> greatly appreciated. I hate wasting paper with single-sided printing.
> Thanks.
>

> --
> spectrumband

TRENDING THREADS