Solved

Which game should i buy??

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about buying Battlefield 3 today for Multiplayer gaming. I had played the Beta of the game and really liked it.
Now i'm having second thoughts. There are some things i wanna know.

1) How many Maps are there in BF3? (not including the Karkand DLC pack)

2)Which one is better in MP? BF3 or MW3? (Plz only reply to this if u have ACTUALLY played both games in Multiplayer. Don't base u'r ans on Single Player plz)

3) Should i wait for Medal of honor Warfighter? It has the same frostbite engine and the debut trailer looked pretty awesome too.

Thankz
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which game
  1. I personally like MW3 for multiplayer but thats just me. :hello: :pt1cable: :bounce: :lol:
  2. and dont wait for war fighter moh is no good! if u do this is for u, if not sorry. :non:
  3. I bought BF3 last Wednesday, and I can say it was worth it. There are about 13 maps and they scale depending upon the size of the match. Now I've not played MW3, but I played MW2 extensively...between the two, I found MW2 to be more arcade-like and BF3 to be more realistic. However, it's not Operation Flashpoint realistic, but that's not the kind of game we're after.

One thing I love about BF3 are the varied game modes. Sometimes I want a quick-hit, so you head into Team DM. Other times, I'm more interested in the war experience and I go into Conquest; when you're crawling through the undergrowth towards an enemy tank and jets / helos are around you, explosions and gunfire in the distance...well, all I'll say is get a 5.1 for your PC! ;)
  4. Without turning this into a flame war, if you have the hardware to run BF3 buy BF3. The game's going to keep receiving development, balancing, extensive map packs and weapon inclusions for quite a while to come.

The modern warfare games are fine, but each one instantly has its relevance pulled out from under it as soon as a new COD releases, which is usually perennially. If you glanced at Twitch.tv before MW3 came out, there were usually 20-50 MW2 streams. Today there has been 1, total. And it wasn't multiplayer.
  5. Best answer
    Hi,

I would personally recommend Battlefield 3.

There are 9 maps (exc back to karkland). I have both MW3 and BF3 on PS3 and I feel that BF3 is far superior. BF3 is far more open and fun game in my opinion, the destruction is great, the vehicles are fun to use and is overall an awesome multiplayer experience. It's also great fun if you got a friend who has BF3 as it makes teamwork far easier and an even more enjoyable game.

My copy of MW3 has only 1 hour of multiplayer play time, where as my BF3 has 96 hours :D This is the first time I have ever played anything in the Battlefield series and have long been a Call of Duty player, but I have been converted :P

I haven't heard of Medal of Honour warfighter, so I can't recommend anything, plus there is still planned DLC for Battlefield 3, for example close quarters (close combat fighting like call of duty)and armoured kill (large maps with just vehicles I believe). The back to karkland DLC was really good in my opinion, but I got it for free as I got the limited edition.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :)
  6. Hi Sunny ,

I have both of them and my favorite is personally MW3, because it just seems more controllable and precise, without too much haze and confusion. Me and my friends think that it adds more feel and makes you connect more than MW2, so yea.
  7. I own both so here's my 20 pence of input

BF3 - Requires thought and tactics to succeed. Feels fresh for longer as the same map never plays the same twice due to peoples tactics (or lack of). Techinically better than MW3. You can play hours and hours of this without break and it still feels challenging. Lots of weapons and modifications for the weapons. Will have a longer life due to the DLC for it already out and scheduled for the future.

MW3 - Small maps after a dozen plays feels the same and repetitive. There are no real tactics in this game even in team based modes its very much a run and gun lone wolf game. Visually not as good as BF3 or techically. However this game is good for short stints if you have under an hour to game you can jump on MW3 and have a blast.

If i could only have 1 of the titles it would be BF3. MW3 is good but it pales in comparison to BF3. Also as others have mentioned BF3 will have a much larger lifespan.
  8. bf3
  9. Thanks guys :)
    i am going for BF3 and now there is something new i wanna ask u

Should i download it from origin? How will i get the cd key?

I have actually a pirated version( reloaded version) just to feel out the game if its worth buying. Now if i buy this game from origin. Will they ship the DVD or just provide the cd key and let me download the game??

Plz reply ASAP as i will wanna play the game today.

One more thing if origin provides me the cd key then can i just use it with my Reloaded version to play MP? Or will i have to download the full game again??
  10. Just delete the ripped one it may be full of issues. It wont take long to download from origin
  11. The CD key is emailed, but I never had to enter mine.
  12. casualcolors said:
    Without turning this into a flame war, if you have the hardware to run BF3 buy BF3. The game's going to keep receiving development, balancing, extensive map packs and weapon inclusions for quite a while to come.

The modern warfare games are fine, but each one instantly has its relevance pulled out from under it as soon as a new COD releases, which is usually perennially. If you glanced at Twitch.tv before MW3 came out, there were usually 20-50 MW2 streams. Today there has been 1, total. And it wasn't multiplayer.

yes go with BF3 if you have the hardware to run it ,
    you'll enjoy roaming the huge Multiplayer map's , to be honest, sometimes I just forget about killing my enemies or taking over bases , all I do is ride a chopper and enjoy graphics lol... but when I see an enemy tank that's where I blast them before they get me :lol: :love:

on the other hand, Cod:MW3 is also great, I enjoyed it but got a repetitive feeling in multiplayer :??: (that's just me)

about Medal of honor... I don't know , but I played it before on my cousin's rig it sorta like battlefield MOD lol... sorry that's just how I feel about the game , no offense to fans of the series that's just my opinion :love:
  13. Best answer selected by sunnyhj.
  14. Thanks everyone..Just bought BF3 from origin..updating it now:) will be ready to kick some ass in an hour or two :)
  15. Hey, if you can play games online for free, then why do you wasting your money to buy them. :bounce:
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Games Multiplayer Video Games