Closed Solved

Will it bottleneck

Will my 6950 2GB (stock clocks) be bottlenecked by my Phenom II X6 1055T (also stock clocks)? And if so, how severely?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will bottleneck
  1. Which 6950 is it? ( some are clocked higher then others) The 1055T comes at 2.8 ghz so It would bottle neck pretty fast I would think with the high end GPUs. I personally run a 6850 with one and its fine. Are you willing to overclock at all? Many can PC a 1055T to 3.5-3.8(sometimes 4.0) and get HUGE gains.

Why are you asking this question? Are you buying a 6950 or buying a 1055T or both? we could suggest better alternatives for your needs if you have more information on what you want.
  2. I am selling a computer that has both. The 6950 is an XFX reference version. I had a liquid cooler on the CPU and had it overclocked to 3.2 with absolutely no issues. However, the person I am selling to is nervous about having liquid inside his computer so I am putting in a low profile air cooler I have laying around instead. With the lower performance cooling I do not want to OC. I guess I'll just give it a try and watch the temps and see.
  3. Best answer
    Just one 6950 should not bottleneck. If the 3.2 had no issues it should be fine. the 1055T has a turbo option that turns the first couple cores to 3.2 by default even with 2.8 ghz as the default. Should be no problem.
  4. Best answer selected by silveralien81.
  5. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Bottleneck Phenom Video Games