CPU Temp??

G

Hey guys, I was just wondering. What is a average temp of the cpu of a mobo that isnt overclocked? I have a A7V raid mobo with an AMD 1G cpu. It does have a beefy hsf on it and its all in a full tower with 6 fans in it.. At times i get weird errors and when i check the temp its only at 105 f or so I didnt this this was too high. Or is it?

<font color=blue> AMD Blue is the bad ass CPU </font color=blue>

G

105•F is a fairly low CPU temperature, you either have a real good heat sink or your core voltage is set too low. Core voltage should be 1.75 VDC for an Athlon 1 GHz T-Bird. A low core voltage can cause errors to occur, including blue screens, posting problems, P & P problems, I/O errors etc. Some mother boards core voltage jumpers don't always set accurately. Check the voltage in the BIOS monitor screen. My 1.0 GHz system with Thermaltake Orb runs around 120•F. Try to keep it under 135•F.

peach

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
<font color=blue>I 2nd the advice. Post your specs so a more accurate assement can be made.

I am alos interested that Mooreman points out that the jumpers could be improperly set. MM, do you mean the bridges on the chip? Wouldn't he have to remove the heatsink, etc. if that were the case?

:cool: <i><font color=blue>on company time....</i>