Windows XP download of SP1a causes HP printer to be discon..

Windows XP download of SP1a causes HP printer to be
disconnected. Why did this happen? Should I remove SP1a?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My LexmarkX75 printer ceased to work when the IT technician downloaded a special update what do I do now? Can I uninstall update

No, do not remove SP1a. Does your PC have USB2.0 ports...it is a HP USB
printer you're referring to right? (You're not giving us much to go on with
your question!)

Have you tried a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall of the printer after you
installed SP1a?

If the printer is not being 'found' then it's the USB drivers, NOT the
printer that is causing the problem... You may have to unisntall and
reinstall the USB ports.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com
"jim p" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP download of SP1a causes HP printer to be
> disconnected. Why did this happen? Should I remove SP1a?

I have this same problem. My USB ports (and hence my HP
PSC2110 printer) seem to have stopped working since I
installed SP1. How does one reinstall the USB ports or
port drivers?

-Craig

TRENDING THREADS