USB and Parallel together

a b α HP
May 6, 2004 10:47:52 PM

I am trying to use USB and Parallel printers together on XP with no
luck. The parallel printer is a HP laser 1300 and the USB is Dell All
in one 960. With both installed I can print to the laser but not the
USB. If I uninstall the laser then the USB will work. Do I need a data
swith for this or what am I doing wrong?
--
Matman

More about : usb parallel

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 6, 2004 10:47:53 PM

Not sure if these ideas will work, but give them a try. (1) I have an all-in-one printer with an attitude (Brother MFC-7160C). It will not print if any other printer is also assigned to print to the LPT1 port. I open my printer folder, right-click on each of the other printers & direct each one to "print to file" whenever I get ready to use the all-in-one. That satisfies him & he prints fine. (2) You could also assign one printer to print to LPT1 & the other to LPT2 or add a port if those are not available. (3) A data switch would probably solve the problem if 1 & 2 above don't.