Eq2: Sony not swinging nerf bat, tradeskillers whine more

What is it with you people?

want some cheese to go with that?

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=general_tradeskill&message.id=42503#M42503

Fellow Tradeskillers,

I wanted to take a moment to clarify the changes that are currently on test.

Apothecary, Weaving, Geomancy, and Timbercraft

The goal of the new skill additions is to relax interdependencies, but not
remove them entirely. Please allow me to explain how they currently work.

Each tradeskill class will now receive a set of four skills. These skills
will allow you to scribe new books which encompass all refine, and component
creation. The basic books can be bought from a tradeskill vendor, but the
advanced ones will be found while adventuring. You will need to raise the
technique assigned to each new skill to become proficient in crafting those
items. Refining components works in the exact same way as the original
crafting classes would make them. Creating components however, will cost
double the fuel components that the original crafting class would use. No
change has been made to how the original crafting classes create refines or
components, and only they can create final products.

What we want to do is give everyone the opportunity to progress in
tradeskill level regardless of component availability on the market. This
will allow you to make your own components at a higher cost to continue
progressing, but still allow the original crafting classes to create and
sell these components at a profit.

Tier Specific Fuel

The system on live right now uses fuels which costs six copper. This simply
is not feasible at higher levels. Crafters were able to price items based on
their perceived value of the item. The higher the level of the crafter the
more ability to generate large portions of money at nominal cost was
possible. The new fuel costs will make the flow of money more equal.

Selling back items to vendors has been addressed due to the fuel cost
increase. You will be able to sell your items at a portion of the cost of
production. The more steps that went into the production of the item will
determine the percent that you will receive for the item. Please keep in
mind also, that certain vendors are greedier than others which will alter
the final selling price.

Up Ahead

Some things that I wanted you to know that we are planning at looking into
are:

1. The ability to sell items online without having to remain in your house.
2. The quality of tradeskilled items vs. what can be purchased from vendors
or what is dropped in the world. We want the time that is invested into
creating tradeskill products to be rewarding. We do not want to trivialize
the whole system with items that can be easily obtained.
3. The ability to craft tools that will increase your ability in harvesting.
4. We want every tradeskill class to have the ability to create items that
are desirable. We are always looking at new recipes to add. Currently I am
looking at adding the ability for every tradeskill class to craft items with
magical effects. From swords, shields, and weapons with procs, to tailored
voodoo dolls with activateable detrimental effects.
5. Tradeskill fix it quests, and heritage tradeskill quests.

Paul Carrico

Tradeskills, EverQuest II

Senior Game Designer

"Lopez" <lopez_1_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> 2. The quality of tradeskilled items vs. what can be purchased from
> vendors
> or what is dropped in the world. We want the time that is invested into
> creating tradeskill products to be rewarding. We do not want to trivialize
> the whole system with items that can be easily obtained.
> 3. The ability to craft tools that will increase your ability in
> harvesting.
> 4. We want every tradeskill class to have the ability to create items that
> are desirable. We are always looking at new recipes to add. Currently I am
> looking at adding the ability for every tradeskill class to craft items
> with
> magical effects. From swords, shields, and weapons with procs, to tailored
> voodoo dolls with activateable detrimental effects.
> 5. Tradeskill fix it quests, and heritage tradeskill quests.

Feeling a bit better now.

Why didnt SoE post this initially in the forums instead of allowing Moorgard
to annoy 99% of the crafting community with his little explanation.

> Feeling a bit better now.
>
> Why didnt SoE post this initially in the forums instead of allowing
Moorgard
> to annoy 99% of the crafting community with his little explanation.

Sony explain something?

CMON now! dont get all crazy

"Cheddar" <me@there.net> wrote in message

> Feeling a bit better now.
>
> Why didnt SoE post this initially in the forums instead of allowing
Moorgard
> to annoy 99% of the crafting community with his little explanation.

Yep, I think that is a much better way of doing it than originally put
forward.
Given that I tradeskill for the majority of my time online it is nice to
know in future that it will be beneficial to do so.
There is now a 10 level difference in guild mains between those who go out
adeventuring and those that stay behind and tradeskill.
Tradeskill heritage quests sounds pretty good too.

Hope it's all sooner =)