Home network printing problems w/XP

I have a 2-PC home network, one running Win98, the other XP. The shared printer, an HP deskjet 6122, is connected to the pc running Win98. As has happened once before, I'm suddenly unable to print from XP. Can still access shared files and the network is working fine, but no printing. The HP still shows up in printers/faxes on the XP pc, and as shared.

The last time this happened, I learned a recent Windows XP update installation was the culprit; found the solution on a chat board and all was well. Interestingly, this problem seems to have cropped up since another recent XP update installation, but I'm not finding others with the same problem on these boards.

Another possible suspect is a recent update to my Norton anti-virus around the same time, but even turning off personal firewall, or turning off security completely still does not allow me to print from the XP.

Printing is fine from the Win98 computer.

Ideas?

Did you ever find the answer to your question?
My printers will not work with the xp system however they worked fine with my windows ME.. Have any Ideas?

What exactly is the problem, Shelly?

If all the PCs are now running XP...
http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20Five.htm

If the other PCs do NOT run XP: