ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Here is some food for thought for all of you gamers out there!

http://geek.pikimal.com/2012/04/12/crysis-3-announcement-accidentally-leaked/

Info was leaked by an EA employee proving that Crysis 3 is currently in development!

Hopefully the CryEngine 4 will be so advanced it will ONLY run on PC's and next-gen consoles.

IMHO, Crysis 2 looked like a high-end PS3/XBOX360 game. Even on the computer.

Honestly, I was not impressed by the graphics.

Although the DX11 and high resolution pack makes the game tons prettier. I still think the original Crysis looks better than the 2nd game, especially with graphics mods installed.

Here are some old screenshots of me playing Crysis on my killer multi-GPU gaming PC.

Crysis-3.jpg

yer rite every post i have seen on this say the game will be here sooner rather than later so a new engine is unlikely.
its gonna be on consoles so the current cryengine is even more likely to be the power behind the game...
as for being modded. the new sdk does have a few new features and optimizations so i would guess if its in the sdk its likely the game will have it...
but a whole new engine... nah i think thats unlikely. after all we never got to see what the current engine can really do as far as advanced features like broken depth of field...

what they need to bring back is the destructible environment that they promised and somewhat delivered on in crysis but seemed to drop completely for crysis 2...
personally i dont see any reason why a map like rooftop cant be destructible. most gamers have quad based systems to my knowledge so setting 1 cpu aside for physics could be a possibility. but as things stand i wont be holding my breath...

moocowisback

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012

What about consoles? No way can they Handel proper physics that's the main reason it wasn't used in the second game, it's also why it was moved to an urban setting because the consoles can't handle keeping half an island loaded.

Darksol

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

but the crydevs can atleast make changes to the multiplayer in a similar fashion to what DICE did to battlefield 3

you would be surprised at what the consoles can handle the xbox is a 3.2ghz tri core after all which is 1 more core than crysis 2 actually needs... so i see no reason what the game shouldn't be able to handle something like the havok engine. or what ever crytech use for physics.. its more of a memory limitation on consoles (being the reason it cant hold bigger maps) rather than cpu power...
as proven with bf3 on console... the ground war on bf3 is much smaller on console than on pc, as is the area you can fly when in a fighter/helli.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
C2 looked like a high-end XBOX 360 game.

Honestly, I was not impressed by the graphics when i booted it up for my gaming PC.

Although the DX11/high resolution pack gives the game an impressive facelift.

Hopefully C3 will deliver more stellar graphics. Evidently it takes place in New York, again.

high end xbox game... yeah i could see your point. but even the basic version on pc looks better than console just because of the shading...
dont be to hard on it. the pc original was a poor game by any standard. it looked great and still does even without the dx11 api but it had no gameplay...
warhead was better tighter experience but lacked in gfx fidelity... they reduced the texture quality noticeably end result even more unhappy pc gamers. crysis 2 looked ok but theres only so much you can do with a city scape. yes they could have gave the levels better lighting but theres only so many shades of gray you can apply to concrete... if anything is gonna be improved its got to be the lighting as its the 1 thing that will make a texture look realistic or cartoonish. for me crysis 2 looks cartoonish...

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

I also didn't really care for the ToD CryTek used in the game.....I really don't think they did their engine justice.

As usual, the mod community jumped up and created stuff that looked better than CryTek.

One of the CryDev members created a MP map called "NYC Park Beta" that just completely floored me. Perhaps its just my personal taste, but I remember while strolling through the map that is was one of the most impressive graphical environments I had ever seen. The lighting and shadows just look amazing......and then there's one of the things that impresses me most about CryEngine3 - reflective surfaces....they're just mad.

I really think the engine is capable of producing AMAZING graphic quality, lighting and all.....but I just don't think Crysis2 was a good example of what it is actually capable of.

crysis2amazed.jpg

If it came down to a showdown of lighting between Frostbyte2 and CryEngine3, I would be hard-pressed to pick, though......BF3 has stellar lighting.

salenadsouza05

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Hey Thanks for the information....I have just completed the game Crysis 2 and was waiting for the next Season So Thanks for giving me the information about this season and also wanna say thanks for the link of this Game............This is really an amazing game and I really entertain by this game very Much.................

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

CryTek doesn't use any middleware physics engines, they built one in-house into CryEngine (an amazing one at that!), but I did notice the huge gimping of the physics from Crysis1 to 2.

In Crysis2, bombing a vehicle results in a small bounce followed by the vehicle instantly turning into the "burnt" model. Really pitiful compared to the original, and I can only assume it would be because of issues dealing with physics on the consoles.

I took a couple of videos awhile back kind of showing the difference:

Crysis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8fgfhPlpfA

Crysis2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBO6RyxMJZ4&feature=relmfu

your not wrong m8 but as i say its more to do with a memory limitation than a cpu limitation...
as for the gimping i think it had a lot to do with the fact that it was 2 years b4 crysis was playable on a average gaming build... so this time they limited the higher end features so more people could play it at launch...

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Yeah....I don't doubt that at all. I'm interested in just how "sandbox" Crysis3 is actually going to be....given the limitations of memory.

Honestly, I'm a bit more excited about Crysis3 than I was for the second release. This one sounds a bit more interesting to me.

ambam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010

The steel, glass, and concrete urban landscape of New York is not anywhere near as attractive as the lush jungle seen in the first game. This environment did now allow the CryEngine 3 to fully flex it's muscles.

A jungle setting would be much more demanding because of all of the complex trees, leaves, grass, and shaders.

In my honest opinion, the first Crysis game looked leaps and bounds better than it's sequel at every level.

Crysis still has the most "eyegasmic" graphics I have EVER seen in a video game! Especially with graphics mods installed ;-)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

It was a joke, since the game is set in New York again. =)