Windows XP Pro USB Printer Port

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

My USB Printer Port has disappeared in Printer Server
Properties. Can't install printers now.
(Get "...incorrect parameter..." error. All other USB
devices install and work fine. Is there a "lock" on a
folder? Registry problem? Ideas, anyone?

Did you uninstall it first?

Did you run a System File Check?
From the command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow
(note space between c and /)
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My USB Printer Port has disappeared in Printer Server
> Properties. Can't install printers now.
> (Get "...incorrect parameter..." error. All other USB
> devices install and work fine. Is there a "lock" on a
> folder? Registry problem? Ideas, anyone?

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Though I have not installed a printer via USB yet, the
ports have appeared again in Printer Server Properties.
I think the SFC took care of it. And shame on me for not
remembering that step.

Thanks!