3 in one printers and Windows XP

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and install a Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and Office XP Pro. The same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running Windows 98, Office 97. I have downloaded and installed all the latest Service packs and patches from Microsoft and Lexmark. I have also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I have appreciated the help and advice on clean installs of printers also on the known problems with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin it now, tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out the hard way why they stopped making them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Michael.

Michael, I apologize if you have already tried the following newsgroup. I
wouldn't want to take you where you've already been.

Debra wrote:
> Michael, I apologize if you have already tried the following
> newsgroup. I wouldn't want to take you where you've already been.
> "microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility."

And what has a group concerned with enabling people with disabilities to use
XP, got to do with printing?!

This is not a newsgroup to which you refer. You're thinking "surface
material." Dig a little deeper before you speak.

Michael wrote:
> Help, has anyone out there managed to successfully connect and
> install a Lexmark X73 Printer to a PC running Windows XP Home and
> Office XP Pro. The same machine worked brilliantly on old PC running
> Windows 98, Office 97. I have downloaded and installed all the
> latest Service packs and patches from Microsoft and Lexmark. I have
> also been onto quite a lot of newsgroups, I have appreciated the help
> and advice on clean installs of printers also on the known problems
> with USB Ports and power consumption. Ready to just bin it now,
> tried for weeks, Lexmark no help at all, I think I have found out the
> hard way why they stopped making them.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael.

Please visit the following sites: -

DO NOT OMIT STEP 4 OR YOU WILL END UP REINSTALLING THE CORRUPT DRIVER.

For additional assistance with Lexmark printers visit
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/index.htm.

Debra wrote:
> This is not a newsgroup to which you refer. You're thinking "surface
> material." Dig a little deeper before you speak.

It's not a newsgroup?! Well, b*gger me! Let's look at the evidence, shall
we?

1) Does it fit the general pattern of a newsgroup?

2) Is it hosted on a NNTP server?

3) Is it part of Usenet?

Well b*gger me with a broomhandle and call me Aloysius, if the answer to all
the above isn't "yes".

And I don't know what you mean by "surface material" - if you have seen
posts relating to printing there, I can assure you they are completely
off-topic. The purpose of the 'accessibility' group is exactly as I have
stated - to enable people with disabilities to use XP. I'm sure Cari,
whenever she finds this thread, will back me on that. This is the correct
group for general printing issues (if the issue is related to a particular
application, then the problem should be addressed to a group dealing with
that application).

Yeah, I bet you'd enjoy that, Aloysius. Probably the best you can get.