Sign in with
Your question

pro/con volcano II fan fit on vantec heat sink

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 4, 2001 5:09:13 PM

I was just wondering if I could put the volcano II fan 4500 rpms 36 cfm and 31.8 dBa on a vantec fce-62540d heat sink, why a vantec fan is 6800 rpms 36.7 cfm and and 45 dBa, the vantec fan in my mind is to loud for a .7 cfm gain in air movement and you would only lose a 1 or 2 degree at most. not sure on rpms doing anything.
March 5, 2001 3:51:47 AM

If mine ever comes in (it was shipped last monday who knows where it could be) I will let you know because I ordered the whole volcanoII heatsink just so I could mess with the fan, which personally I don't beleive actually puts out that much air, nor does pham computers, but we'll see. See my post furthur down, and I'll keep you posted.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 5, 2001 5:21:29 AM

thanks be looking.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
March 5, 2001 12:34:46 PM

I saw a review of it telling it pushes 26CFM, but for 31dBa I guess it isn't that bad either. Keep us informed of you feeling of this HSF
March 5, 2001 11:32:10 PM

Got the heat sink today- and (drum roll please)
IT SUCKS!! Ok no seriously it's ok, but the fan on it is as good as a 27cfm ystech or a 28-29cfm adda fan. It certainly does not even approach the power of the delta black label fan. It is quieter though. I put it on there and just watched the heat rise. So i combined the fop32 (ys tech 27cfm) fan with the volacno 2 fan with a case slot bar and some superglue and the two fans together cool the same as, if not a tiny bit better than the delta fan, and much quieter too.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS
March 5, 2001 11:32:38 PM

Haven't tried the heat sink yet though.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
March 6, 2001 2:55:35 AM

thanks for info
!