My case mod

G

I am going to hook up my 15in fan to the side of my case. That should cool things down a bit don't yah think?

G

My old amd k6's fan isn't running at full rpm anymore so when it gets hot I just put the 15in fan on it, cools it down nicely. Before that when I ran anything cpu intensive it would blue screen. No good cooling air in the world can beat a 15in fan blowing on everything. Might even put a small freezer behind it to blow cool air too. When I buy my new mobo/cpu I want to be my tbird running at 150mhz fsb, the fan should help that don't yah think?

G

I'll be saving a lot of money not buying expensive case cooling and hsf :)

G

Maybe a chest freezer with the tower set inside will do the trick and the top can double as your desk! ;^)

G

If I put it in the chest freezer their could be condensation to worry about. I could just set the temp down so that won't happen but set it so it is still cool...
I just realized that I have a 20in fan that I could use too. This sucker can really move some air around. Put that right next to my case and you've got a great cooler! Only thing is that it is really freaken loud :) It is pretty much an airplane propeller.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by m_kelder on 03/06/01 11:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Heh, decided to get my 20in fan out. At max speed it pumps a hella lot of air through the case. I keep my room temp at around 18 too :)

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
For $10, you can take it to the next level at that. Put in a dryer duct and some cheap vinyl ducting. If you live up north (-5C), you can cool your case and discharge the heat into your home.

TRENDING THREADS