Can't Connect to Net Printer

I run Win XP on a desktop (named "MyDesk") and a laptop
(named "MyLap"). The deskop is connected by Ethernet
cable to a Linkys Wireless Broadband Router (model
WRT54G). The laptop is connected wirelessly to the same
router.

The desktop and laptop are part of the same workgroup,
named "MyWrkGrp." I can see and access the resources of
MyDesk from MyLap. For example, I can access the
external Maxtor hard drive that is connected to the
desktop.

However, I am unable to share the printer that is
attached directly to the desktop by its parallel port
(LPT1). The printer works perfectly from the desktop,
but I need to use it from the laptop.

The printer is "shared" and is named "HPLaserJ." When I
go to the "Add Printer" wizard on the laptop, I do not
see the printer when I browse. I do not see the printer
at all.

How do I print to the HPLaserJ attached to the LPT1 port
on my desktop from my laptop?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about connect printer

    I have found that both xp firewalls have to be dissabled
    in order 4 it to work. I am trying to find a way for it to
    pass through the firewall though.

Laptops Desktops Printers Windows XP