installing FSB DIP to A7M266?

G

Has anyone attempted to add the missing 5 position DIP switch in the corner of the A7M266 v1.03 that allows you to change the FSB speed according to the table printed on the board? Is it as simple as finding a 5 position DIP and soldering it on there, or is it more complicated than that?

G

I presume you mean multiplier, not fsb ..???

Can I just confirm that there IS a 'spare' position on the board to mount the dip switch. ??

I just ordered one and realised too late that there is no provision to change the multiplier ...

If there is a place on the board for the dip switch/jumpers, it is a reasonable bet.

Lets hope so...

Slarty

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by slarty on 03/05/01 06:42 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

It SHOULD work, the board is pictured with the 5 position DIP on it in the manual... ;-)..

there does not seem to be extra components around it.. so, we will have to give it a go and report back...

Anyone got access to a decent high res pic of the board WITH the dip switch installed ??

Slarty

G

Sorry, I meant multiplier. You are right. I saw a decent color pic of the DIP switch in the A7M266 review at http://www.xbitlabs.com/mainboards/asus-a7m266.html. If all there is to it is the DIP this does not seem to be much of a problem. I just wonder if there are any resistors you would have to add? It is tough to tell from the photo if any resistors have been subtracted in rev 1.03. Note that the position of one of the 3-prong fan connectors has changed between Rev 1.01 and 1.03.

G

Ok, after many hours, its done !!!,

the A7M266 is fully overclockable ;-)

Mail me for details, you need to remove 2 resistor blocks and add 1 (and the 5 Way DIP)

Joe Hanley (Captain Slarty)

I have mailed Tom to see if he wants to publish it, then its available for all..

subz

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
Gidday, I wanna buy one of these boards, but I aint got a clue how to fit dip switches....but no doubt I can get someone to do it for me.
What I'd like to know is how is the board running? Any conflict issues I should know about?? What about the O/C side ? Whats it running like??
What heatsink do you use etc etc just anything you can think of that I could know...I like reading so make it long!! :)

P.S I don't have ya email so could you email me with details of the refit you did??

TRENDING THREADS