Case fans for In-Win Q500 Tower

thegr81

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Hey guys,
I am looking to buy a fan to fit in the front intake spot on my In-Win Q500 full tower case and I was wondering what size of fan I need to get. I have a couple that are just slightly too big for the front but they fit perfectly on the back of the case. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a brand or know what size I need?
Thanks

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
An acetylene torch will solve your fan problem.

A Dremel tool or a Roto-Zip, and some decent drill bits/cut-off disks will solve the problem too. I've got a q500, and that class b armor plating it's built out of isn't the easiest to cut through. Sheet metal snips won't get the job done. Pull everything out of the case, including the power switch, and start cutting holes.

BTW, you can fit a 92mm fan on the back blowing on the cpu, a 120mm fan on the front-bottom and one on the top-back above the psu, several 120/80mm on the side panels over the pci cards, and a 80mm up near the 5-1/4 drive bays.....

cool=good
freezing/condensation=bad

G

I have the inwin 500 midtower and it came with a plastic cartridge to hold the pc speaker and 1 80mm case fan. If you have this cartridge on the full tower unit the fan snaps into the cartridge and it snaplocks into the front of the case from the inside.

TRENDING THREADS