user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have exactly the same problem - since a couple of days my printer (HP
Deskjet 712), which has been properly working on my laptop (ACER) for
over 9 month now, vanished. I review the Printer Control Panel -
everything empty. When I try to re-install the printer the message comes
up "Operation cannot be completed" with a red cross in front.
Thanks for any help on this!

Sergio

Scott wrote:
> comes up Operation cannot be completed...

From the command prompt type: net start spooler then hit the enter button

<user@domain.invalid> wrote in message
> I have exactly the same problem - since a couple of days my printer (HP
> Deskjet 712), which has been properly working on my laptop (ACER) for
> over 9 month now, vanished. I review the Printer Control Panel -
> everything empty. When I try to re-install the printer the message comes
> up "Operation cannot be completed" with a red cross in front.
> Thanks for any help on this!
>
> Sergio
>

> Scott wrote:
> > comes up Operation cannot be completed...

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Sorry - forgot my system information: Windows XP, all updates installed

Sergio

user@domain.invalid wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem - since a couple of days my printer (HP
> Deskjet 712), which has been properly working on my laptop (ACER) for
> over 9 month now, vanished. I review the Printer Control Panel -
> everything empty. When I try to re-install the printer the message comes
> up "Operation cannot be completed" with a red cross in front.
> Thanks for any help on this!
>
> Sergio
>

> Scott wrote:
>
>> comes up Operation cannot be completed...

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I lost my printer today and everytime I attempt a re-
install I get "...RPC server unavailable".
I tried "From the command prompt type: net start
spooler then hit the enter button" but it did not work.