Sound Card wont work

mogmoogle

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
This is odd, and I don't get it I cant get my sound working, windows update finds drivers and installs them for this VIA card, and its on the compatible cards list, however everytime windows installs it, it says Code 39, windows cannot load driver etc. so ok whatever, I of course uninstalled the drivers, and installed them again, I did everything I can think of with drivers, multiple versions, windows updates drivers, the websites drivers, nothing works, changed around the settings in bios. so regardless, I said forget it and bought a creative Audigy SE, and put that in. same thing, it recognizes that I have it, but it will not install says code 39, I assumed it might have been conflicting with the other card so I disabled it in bios and uninstalled in in windows 7 but no, it doesn't work, so now I enabled them both, and they both appear in windows with the yellow Explination mark ! code 39, I've tried deleting the upper lower filters like stated here in the forums. Doesn't work, I don't get it at this point. I'm going to work on it again right now, if anyone has any ideas let me know thanks.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
It would help if you provided the full specification of your machine. Some Video cards are coming out with HDMI capability which means they have sound capability. This sound functionality can sometimes conflict with other sound devices. Make sure your Video Card is not playing a hidden role.