blm

I have a SoftV92 SmartSpeakerphone modem installed in
Windows XP home. I would like to know know to set it up
to work with the distinctive ring feature in WinFax Pro.
I apparently need a new inf file but do not know how to
get this.

BLM wrote:
> I have a SoftV92 SmartSpeakerphone modem installed in
> Windows XP home. I would like to know know to set it up
> to work with the distinctive ring feature in WinFax Pro.
> I apparently need a new inf file but do not know how to
> get this.

Erm, I don't know what in Hades you're referring to as XP (Home or Pro)
doesn't support distinctive ring. What inf file?!

blm

buy the latest version of Win Fax Pro which is version
10.03. But you need to change your modem setting to
activate it by replacing the inf file.

Show me Symantec's documentation to that effect. There is no way I know to
enable distinctive ring on the NT kernel.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

BLM wrote:
> [...]

Someone's been on the jungle juice. Windows XP does *NOT* (got that? No? OK,
I'll repeat it, does *NOT*) support distinctive ring, full stop, whatever
software you use.

Now, have you got that into your thick cranium, or would you like me to draw
you a diagram?! This is inherent in the OS and cannot be changed by simply
installing 3rd-party software.

If you want a distinctive ring feature you will need to call your telco and
ask them to set up identicall or similar on your line. This is the only way
you'll have it.

And Russ will back me up on this, won't you Russ?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Show me Symantec's documentation to that effect. There is no way I
> know to enable distinctive ring on the NT kernel.

Thank you, Russell - knew I wasn't going completely mad! OK, so that's
probably not true, I am completely mad, but not about this, you know what I
mean.